Monday, May 4, 2015

You Are Pretty

Today it's time to remember. It's time to tune out the negative voices and remember that You. Are. Amazing. You are beautiful!



 You were created BY God. But you were also created In. God's. Image. Think of that! Did you get that? In...God's...Image...
Right this moment I want you to stop believing the lies that you are not as pretty as, or as skinny as, or as desirable as...anyone else. You are exactly how God designed you to be. You are not just His creation, if you have invited Jesus into your heart, you are also His daughter. He knows every tiny detail of you, from the last scraggly and glorious hair on your head, down to the tiny pinky toe with chipped nail polish.

He knows your inward parts, too. The ache in your heart, the longing in your soul, the confusion in your mind.
He knows you have been wounded. He cares...just like you always wished someone else would.


When He looks at you He sees glowing, radiant beauty. He sees the you that He designed from the beginning.

I know it's so hard to shake off those memories, those taunting voices. It tears at you to look in the mirror. You despise the girl in there....because you were taught to hate her.
Take a look. See those eyes? The ones spilling over with tears so often? Yes, those eyes. Look in them and pretend you haven't ever seen them before. See yourself for the first time. Say this: "I Love You, Me...because God made you and He loves you...so very much."

Here is the truth:
Psalm 139:14 says "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Sometimes it takes practice to start seeing the truth. Sometimes we cannot see the truth because our sight has been damaged. Maybe someone who was supposed to love us actually abused us instead. Maybe too many others were selfish and hateful. Maybe the images all around us warped our way of thinking. It doesn't really matter why...what matters is that we can heal. It is possible.

It is a wonderful feeling to throw off the weight of expectation and embrace the here and now...with all of its messes and imperfections.
Thank God that He sees us as valuable and beautiful and lovable. Don't you think it's time you start agreeing with God?


Shared with:
WholeHearted Wednesdays
A Little R&R Wednesdays
Women With Intention Wednesdays
Grace & Truth

2 comments:

  1. Dede, I love this post! Being a recovering grouch, I try to lean on the positive side of life now. I often find myself encouraging people, esp women to learn to love themselves, just as you said here. Of course, I look in the mirror and don't like what I see, but that's the majority of people. It's time for us to fight back and say, "God created me and He loves what He creates. If He loves me, then I love me too!" I like your outlook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so important for us to really love what God made. I am convinced that if we don't love ourselves as we are, we can't truly love others. When I look around and see so much beauty in other's lives I am shocked to think that maybe my life is just as beautiful...
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

I am so glad you visited me!
Please leave me a comment so I'll know you were here!
(I reserve the right to delete mean comments, and/or block mean people).

Making the Transition to Health{ier}, Where Do I Start?

Today I want to talk about 7 steps to begin the transition into a healthier lifestyle. Approximately 20 years ago I took my first steps tow...