Monday, March 9, 2015

Plain Vanilla


Wherein I praise the mundane and ramble on about nothing.

  This Friday we discovered that our cat likes to play "football toss" with us. We throw the ball (we are using a nerf one in case the kids are nearby when I throw it, because, I am not exactly a pro or anything) and the cat bounds across the ground
and pounces on it. He even uses his paws in an attempt to pick it up. Maybe he wishes to throw it back? I am convinced we have a genius in the family.

  We followed this PE time up with a trip to the brand spankin' new local cafe. The theme is fishing, and the owner is an inspiring woman-mommy-single-entrepreneur. We ended up
ordering a thick, cheesy, melty pizza called the Whopper (they hand toss the crust right there in front of your eyes) and then Mr Dede and the kids played Sorry on the game table set up in the corner of the room.

I sat and stared into the room without a care, for oh...maybe an hour? It was so quiet and friendly and un-city like. I love it when someone else cooks my dinner and cleans it up... and the bonus? The owner talked to me. In real life! So it was almost like being a human or something. (I kind of get cabin fever in the winter). So now she is thinking of making it possible for us to have a little field trip later this year. Pizza field trip!?! Yes! And the kids all shouted with joy!

   Saturday...well...Saturday was not my favorite. We all have off days. Sigh. In this post I am sticking with favorites. So, mooooving on nowww...

   Sunday...that was good. Good sermon, good husband, good prayer, good food. We do love the people at our church and our monthly Sunday dinners are the best. There are not many meals that top a church dinner, in my book. The meatballs and spaghetti and lasagna! Oh My!  Ya'll...it was mouthwatering. And carb loaded. The facestuffing was a prelude to our customary long and deep naptime.

   Speaking of naps. Daylight Savings Time. I am not a fan. It messes with my health. Maybe I'll go into the boring details sometime.

   And that, dear people, is about all I have to say about this weekend.Too exciting for words! Right? Haha! Nope. I love the simple life. Plain vanilla is actually delicious.

Overfull schedules are not my cup o' tea.
If you crave solitude, peace, quiet or even just simplicity, ask me how I got here. It's a long story but it was so worth the journey.

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, do crave the simple life. We live more simply than most, but its not simple enough. I become stressed with too much! I like to try to simplify, but some days I'm just stuck. I would love to learn how you managed to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I hope you'll be able to stop by and read more. I will be posting often about my journey and my "daily" . Hopefully some of my story will help you find ways to lessen the stress!

      Delete

I am so glad you visited me!
Please leave me a comment so I'll know you were here!
(I reserve the right to delete mean comments, and/or block mean people).

Making the Transition to Health{ier}, Where Do I Start?

Today I want to talk about 7 steps to begin the transition into a healthier lifestyle. Approximately 20 years ago I took my first steps tow...